With availability just on the 13th of July, 2015, this new product has SRS and ABS Airbag coverage for nearly all 1996 to 2013 Chrysler, Ford, GM, Honda, Hyundai, Toyota, and Nissan vehicles.
Why should buy Actron CP9690?
Putting the Actron CP9690 Trilingual OBD I/OBD II Elite Auto scanner to use may see users getting the following advantages:
- – User-friendliness: Ranging from weight, size, and even easy manipulation, this tool is recognized stand among the best Do It Yourself (DIY) OBD II scanners on the market.
- – Economical: Due to its coverage of most OBD I and OBD II aspects, it may stand as the most economically convenient scanner to possess and use on each and every car brand.
Moreover, it has several different enhancing features and coding capacities to go along with.
Is it recommended?
Due to the fact that the primary intention of putting OBD I/II scan tools to use is the matter of results, the Actron CP9690 Trilingual OBD I/OBD II Elite Auto scanner is deserving of both your time and hard-earned money. Furthermore, the name of the brand isn’t able to cause you any problems in any situation and at any time.
Things We Liked
In our use of this scan tool, we have seen a few of the following strong points:
– Efficiency: In using the OBD II scan tool, the efficiency exhibited in emission management has always been put to the forefront. This scan tool has earned its commendations as one of the market’s most efficient scanner due to its capacity to provide fast data code results.
– The Codeconnect and TrueLink Technology: Possessing this single feature is a bonus. Because it enhances the tool’s compatibility and quick repairing of the different data codes which includes the repairing of the check engine light.
Things We Didn’t Like
There’s no major notable pitfall of this scan tool but in comparison to others, its high price may be an issue, causing it not to be favored by average earners.
In this modern technological world, the construction of an OBD II scan tool is a complicated matter. First-generation Onboard Diagnostic OBD I scanners have displayed several weaknesses, which introduced the need for a more functional scan tool. The Actron CP9690 Trilingual OBD I/OBD II Elite Auto scanner has been noticed to reduce the occurrence of the faults observed in most of those OBD I scan tools.
The Actron Group is a well-renowned manufacturer of OBD scan tools and features the Actron CP9690 Trilingual OBD I/OBD II Elite Auto scanner as a part of their product line. After carefully examining the market and trying to adhere to the different efficiency, compatibility, and speed demands of the market, Actron has managed to include very impressive aspects of the CP9690.
What are its features?
Below you can find several of features of the Actron CP9690 Trilingual OBD I/OBD II Elite Auto scanner.
– Wide coding: Due to the ability of the OBD I and OBD II to read codes, you can be sure that this scan tool stands among the most wide-ranging tools with regards to data. Having more than 26 million codes in its arsenal, you’re guaranteed that any of your vehicle problems will be properly fixed.
– The data codes consist of the manufacturer and generic specific codes identical to most vehicles current on the street. – Convenient size: After observing the Actron CP9690 Trilingual OBD I/OBD II Elite Auto scanner, you can conclude that it takes on a pocket-fitting size. This may be a way of reducing the need for carrying around bulky scan tools. The scan tool’s capacity to fit properly in the pocket of the user and the co-occurring average size are a bonus to the tool’s overall composition.
– A collection of OBD-I-oriented accessories: Its ability to cover both old and new generation vehicle models is never faced with doubt. Subsequently, it has become an essential addition to the package to brandish cables which are functional with the scan tool on old-model vehicles.
– An external source of power: With regards to the difficulties a car owner may face if the battery should die in the midst of a scan, the Actron CP9690 Trilingual OBD I/OBD II Elite Auto scanner is designed to feature an external battery source accompanied by the option of a standby charger. This is a very important aspect in improving continuity even if the car engine is not in use.
– Dependable support: You can get some of the most current queries from the ASE technical staff – an online center which provides this information. These queries allow the users to appreciate undisturbed data code reading and analysis with up-to-date solutions to the different users of this scan tool.
– Live and Freeze data readings: Nearly all OBD scan tool come with the need to possess live data reading. Nevertheless, with the capacity to carry out data storage for future reference along with graphical presentations, all the things that one may require in a scan tool can be found in the Actron CP9690 Trilingual OBD I/OBD II Elite Auto scanner. Additionally, you can get a hard copy of the information if you wish.
How to use the OBD II scan tool
This OBD scan tool is a Do-It-Yourself (DIY) tool which emphasizes on the basis of Plug and Play. Based on whether the vehicle is OBD I or OBD II, the area where the DLC port can be found varies from scanner to scanner and may require that the user checks. Besides, the place to search for the data is the OBD PC.
Even though the market has different OBD I and OBD II scan tools that may confuse the buyer, the answer may be to check the various tools. Even with the inclusion of the Actron CP9690 Trilingual OBD I/OBD II Elite Auto scanner, you should always know the details of what is included before you settle for any OBD scan tool purchase.