As it pertains to the usage of OBD2 scans, the leading manufacturers INNOVA had always taken the center stage as a very flexible and well organized and innovative company. With INNOVA you are guaranteed the best product suitable for your needs as they always live up to the expectation as a popular brand name. This is due to the first-hand use of the many INNOVA Scan products which I must say are quite impressive.
Another product making its entry on the market scene is INNOVA’s 3100 Diagnostic Scan Tool and code reader. This accessory is equipped with both ABS and a battery pack backup system suited for OBD2 automobiles. Although this product is fairly old the uses it entails are often widespread.
Why buy this scan tool?
It is quite advantageous as it pertains to the acquisition of this particular scan tool. Nonetheless, a few notable reasons are as follows.
Technical tips guaranteed – The fixed assisting technicians, as well as ASE’s technical teams would find the use of INNOVA’s 3100 scan tool to be very handy in carrying out their tasks. This is, however, customary so as to simplify motor vehicle repair.
Efficiency and Cost-effectiveness – The cost of this scan tool is quite affordable, comparing with the other products under the same brand name. Nonetheless, what makes this scan tool unique and outstanding is its efficiency in relaying the OBD2 codes.
It is true that people often have varying perceptions as it relates to the use of different devices which is all dependent on whether or not the instructions are followed correctly. In light of this, the INNOVA 3100 is guaranteed to function as designed once the accompanying instructions are correctly followed. In the holistic assessment of scan tools, there are better OBD2 scans which perform better in the same price range consider you are prudent in your actions.
It is recommended to use this device on the basis of previous use by a family or friend. If you so require a device which is both classy with prompt solutions, then look no further than the INNOVA 3100 Diagnostic Scan tool/Code reader.
Things We Liked
Fast service delivery – The design approach to this impressive scan tool is aimed at providing the user with quick solutions in the event of an engine emission complication. Additionally, hard solutions will need the expertise of the ASE support technical team to assist in problem-solving.
User-friendly – Due emphasis is always placed on the user friendly aspect of these scan tools and the fact that different individuals often use these tools. As a result, provisions are made in the form of the different variations for the many different types of users on the market, thereby maintain a high level of user- friendliness.
Efficiency and reliability – This scan tool is guaranteed to always deliver accurate and precise data to the user due to its added enhancements. With the rendering of a good enough battery backup, it is sure to get the jo done even if the engine is switched off.
Durable – The INNOVA 3100 is made up of a sturdy built which is again guaranteed to last a long time.
Things We Didn’t Like
By the use of this particular OBD2 scan tool, some disadvantages may often arise which are as follows; failure might occur in some instances when in use with some accessories. This often forces the operator to utilize conventional solutions. Furthermore, many users seemingly find it to be a difficult task to connect the device to a PC with the fear of clearing the codes and a repetitive process of printing before proper connection with the device.
INNOVA 3100 Features
Any accessory of any sort are usually scrutinized by the accompanying features it is equipped with. The INNOVA 3100 Diagnostic scan Tool and code reader for OBD2 automobiles with both a battery backup system as well as ABS, includes many features which are as follows:
- This device is equipped with a multilingual data output mechanism thereby enabling data to be interpreted by technicians universally. In addition, this erases all instances of ambiguity usually stemming from the translation process. As an added bonus, this encourages quicker coding as well as repair.
- The device is also capable of refreshing in a second’s time interval, made possible by the introduction of an automated refresh system. This also can be considered as an indicator, notifying the user when the scan or repair process is completed.
- Equipped with a high-quality battery power backup to power the scanning process in the event the vehicle’s engine is switched off.
- With a well visible and ambient display, live data, as well as readiness checks and drive-cycle monitoring can be effectively viewed. In addition, this display has the added functionality of helping to analyze codes by the introduction of graphic data representation. For further user satisfaction, the display of the INNOVA 3100 is also rendered with LED lighting to enable the display to be visible in very dull lighting.
- Compatibility is further increased by the wide range of code coverage. Both generic, as well as manufacturer code specifications are within the margins of this code coverage.
- Compatibility also covers much more brands, whether OBD2 or OBD1 compliant. Evidently, it is capable of working on SUV’s as well as light trucks and newer models of cars. Additionally, this device is equipped with ABS (anti braking lock system) as a safeguard mechanism attached to air bags to ensure increased human safety.
- With product specifications of 12 x 8.5 x 2.5’’, the INNOVA 3100 is desirably a small enough device which allows for easy storage and maneuvering. It, however, weighs 1 pound which is widely appreciable by many users.
- By the use of a USB serial cable, a connection is possible between the scan tool and a PC thereby enabling the transfer of scanned data for printing purposes and subsequent data analysis.
- It is important to note that the entire product line by INNOVA is guaranteed a 1-year time period after its introduction on the product market. In light of this, the INNOVA 3100 shall be no exceptions.
- This scan tool is also rendered with the capability to be updated whether by flashing procedures or any appropriate PC accessory. As a result, acceptance of the new car models on the market is possible.
How to Use
Plug-and-play support is associated with the INNOVA 3100 Diagnostic tool like many other scanning tools. Basically, the device should be connected to a PC where the settings are then downloaded and installed, then followed by an update process. Following this, the device is ready to be connected to the engine of your vehicle for scanning. Quite simple don’t you think?
It is often said that experiences depend on the individual which is invariably a unique process. It is recommended to get a firsthand use of this device before purchasing. This will present some surety as it relates to whether or not you should purchase the INNOVA 3100 Diagnostic Scan Tool.